Ana Day, founder of 4Ento
Former Interior designer & hospitality person of the house, Ana started as a true, insect-based feed enthusiast, but branched out into all things Entomo: FOOD – FEED – NONFOOD Ambassador and Insect-Applied dream proprietor.
Credited with creating a more confessional form of online communication, she is known FOR HAVING POPULARIZED and revolutionized today’s online edible-insect tabloid genre, pioneered by Prof. Gene R. DeFOLIART and Prof. Julieta Ramos Elorduy, which started to break 20th century taboos by pushing sustainable edible insect products/protein concept/alternatives into entering the western food chain.
As founder of 4ento Sarl, she has gained success through a variety of promotional ventures, encompassing social media, broadcasting and merchandising in international tradeshows. KeyNote and TEDx & speaker, Ana has written a well assorted number of articles and is the content aggregator at 4ento’s multilingual online magazines.
Born in Caracas, Venezuela, and based in Switzerland since the late 90’s, Ana Day became a regular in the entomophagy world, where she attended (numerous related seminars) and most relevant events. For 5 years she has traveled EXTENSIVELY; INCLUDING India,…etc. researched, studied, and actively participated in international conferences while developing her understanding and expertise, learning from the best sources of knowledge like Prof. Arnold Van Huis, Prof. Yupa Hanboonsong, Prof. Laura Gasco, Prof. Florence Dunkel and her mentor Paul Vantomme, as well as enhancing her personal contacts portfolio.
Today Ana focuses on overcoming the adversity that comes from being a benefactor to Nature when exercising controversial eco-respectful ideas while making people understand that a profit-centered approach is also necessary.
My dream is that 4ento will inspire new generations and the open-minded to re-think solutions for dealing with global challenges through Nature’s circular framework USING Edible Insects as a tool.
This is why we are aiming (in the near future) to become a global teaching, learning and training platform built around Insect’s circular economy concepts, encompassing both formal and informal business models.
- TEDxAmRing Vienna, June 2015. // See video
- Milano2015. WAHF › IASS › University of Tuscia › #IDEA2020
- Swiss radio emission
- Food Innovation Summit. Brussels 2015
- Eating Insects Detroit, Wayne State University
- WUR Delibugs 5 year Aniv.
- 8th students conference w/ Becker Middle School, MN USA 200
- Insects to feed the world 2014 FAO WUR
- Terra Madre. Salone del Gusto & Terra Madre. Oct. 2014 Torino
- Zurich ETH
- Zurich Zhaw x 3“Bug buffet”– Zhaw Museum of Zoology. Nov 2014
- Parco Tecnologico Padano
- PROteINSECT Final Conference, Brussels
- Madenburg Insecta 2016 Conference
- Thailand Le Cordon Bleu. Bugs in Bangkok before Bugs in Europe!
- Swiss Food Research. 2nd Meeting of the Innovation Group Insects for Feed & Food
- Workshop and Reception on “State of the art of the insect sector and latest regulatory developments” IPIFF
- Geneva FAO Grimiam PS. Nyon Grimiam La Journée mondiale de l’alimentation 2013
- IDS Susexx UK
- Invenire projects: Copenhagen Invenire Swedish Food Days – Invenire 2015
- Cereals Europe 2016 – Geneva – The Taste of Tomorrow
- 4 international food trade shows
- Over fifty crowd funding projects, kick start organizations,
- Dozens of Phd theses ,
- school works ,
- non profits…
- New on the market
- New on the sector
- Market researches
- Project managers
Been Interviewed at: